Thursday, June 12, 2014

Going Out with a Bang!


I made it. The LAST day! Phew! This year just felt like it was forever long. The last day of school was a ton of fun. I wanted to just enjoy my time with my kids before they moved onto 2nd grade or to a new school. To start the day off, we made graduation caps with their favorite thing they learned this year on the sentence strip that held it together. We took wonderful "graduation photos". (Mr. Grumpy pants in the picture didn't want to sit on his knees so he had a pout fest over it - I know…dramatic)

Yes, this is the same Mr. Grumpy pants in the picture above, but here he said "I look like a college kid, take a picture Ms. Brumer!" - how could I resist..he did look like a college graduate!


After that we did a vocabulary review game I created to help clear away the remaining words in our vocabulary chart. After reviewing each word in whole group, I placed a vocabulary word on each student's head and had them walk around the room describing the other person's word until they were able to guess their own word. I figured they would all blab out the other person's word without actually describing it but they did wonderfully! Only one child called the word out and the rest of the class got pretty angry off by her lack of sportsmanship.




 They recorded their discussions and answers on the form above. 
 We made a year book after that, read a few books, and before going outside for free play (bubbles, chalk, football, and hoola-hoops), we practiced our sight words and math facts with shaving cream of course! As always, they LOVED it. 

 It was a tough year and I can't say I'm not relieved to get the opportunity to start fresh, but I will miss these munchkins and all of their craziness! Now, VACATION! I mean…a weekend. Oh yah, I'm back for summer school on Tuesday. Even though mine will be limited, I hope everyone enjoys their summer vacation and takes the time to rest, relax, and rejoice in their time off! Happy Summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment