Thursday, August 14, 2014

Room Reveal!

I absolutely LOVE seeing other teacher's classrooms, not only in my school but on Pinterest or throughout my county and boy does my school have some AMAZING classrooms! There is always something new to see that give me a zillion ideas, or simply something I steal from them. I love to see the different ways to decorate, organize, and layout rooms. I did some minor changes to the layout of my room, but did a lot of redecorating. I'm really happy with it so far. It's super bright, open, inviting, and playful. Hope I can give you some new ideas.



 Front of the Classroom (this changed around a lot!)



Math/Science Area

Math/Science Area - Science posters will go on the wall there (covering that ugly brown box) and their names will go on velcro to easily change them into different groups.

Math Centers Materials (Their Math Journals are organized by their math center groups)
 Computers/Safe Spot/Listening Center
 Close up of my Listening Center - Oh How I love it so!

Safe Place (I kept this the same as last year)

 Classroom Library
I organize the books by fiction (blue), nonfiction (green), and author study (purple)

Front Door (with word wall/writing center/Cubby Area)

 Our Interactive Word Wall (currently all Pre-Primer Dolch words are up on the board)

Our Writing Center


 Our Morning Procedures (I will take pictures of the kids as they do the activities to help understand our routines)

Our Class Commitments (I will take pictures of the kids acting these commitments out and add them)

New Literacy Centers Rotation


 Birthday Display, I'm going to take pictures of the kids holding a sign with the day of their birthday.

Star of the Week!


Bulletin Board (that's off center because the chart and TV block it) and Vocabulary Chart/Center Work

If you have any questions about anything you saw on display, the layout, a way I organized something please do not hesitate to comment below. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I also have almost all of my labels you see here for download/purchase - some are free and some cost money (all reasonably priced and package opportunity available).

No comments :

Post a Comment